Thursday 22 April 2010

Namche Bazar

Another post from Sagarmatha National Park. I am still enjoying the luxury of Namche and working on my preparation. Yesterday I went for a a walk/run training and ended up moving in a fair pace, but had to slow down enjoying the scenery, which was unbelievable: Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Everest and many other peaks on the horizon. Plus managed to get out quick before the rush hour , so actually saw some wildlife: pheasants, eagles, vultures.
Today I tested my endurance and went for a 2hr 40min training towards west (Thame, small Hydro-electric station -supplying the area) and back. About 4-500m height gain (up to 3820m) and some tough ground. It was just enough with the food and water I had in my system. I might extend my stay here to get more acclimatized for higher areas, so I could start training there too.

No comments: