Tuesday 20 April 2010

Khumbu Valley

Believe or not I am sitting in an internet place in Namche Bazaar (3400m) and writing a new post. The last days went well as I had planned. I flew to Lukla(2800m) on 17 April and spend a day with restiing. Next day I went for a longer walk/run and actually ended up moving up to 3500m and ran down, tough workout - 2hrs 10minutes. Next day I was expecting a lot of pain in my quads from all the pounding I did to them, but I still went for a run..on easier terrain. This was a proper one with no stops and walks: 1 hour, down to 2600m and back with lots of small ups and downs (steps, rocks, dust). Some people looked at me with disgust some were just wondering: he probably needs help! Today I came up to Namche with all my gear (25kg) and I am ready to spend more time at this altitude before I move higher up towards Gokyo (4700m).
Weather is holding well and the visibility is great. More soon.

No comments: